Digitization of business processesDigitize business processes
Paper warfare with invoices and Excel lists that grow interminably long: Many companies in Germany still work in analog or use software that has long since failed to keep pace with changing processes and areas of activity. The digitization and automation of processes is not only decisive for competition. It is putting pressure on small and medium-sized businesses in particular to use digital technologies to make all areas of work more efficient. In this article, we show how precisely developed software supports companies in automating processes and making SMEs fit for the digital transformation.
Digitalization of business processes
In the digitization of business processes, analog workflows are converted with the help of digital technologies. When companies want to optimize their business processes and operate more efficiently and cost-saving, time-consuming processes that were once processed manually are put to the test and replaced by software-supported processes. In the best case, these steps follow a comprehensive digitization strategy that identifies frequently recurring processes and time-consuming routine activities and digitizes and automates them throughout the company.
In this way, companies can transform business processes in various areas – from accounting to customer service to production – from analog to digital.
How can companies digitize their business processes?
Digitization of business processes: A company can digitize its processes and business operations in various ways. To ensure that customers, suppliers and, above all, the employees involved support the transformation and that well-established processes in the company are successfully continued, digitization should be carefully planned and systematically implemented. Companies should consider the following aspects when digitizing business processes:
- Identify relevant processes: In which areas can digital processes bring the greatest benefits? In which business processes should efficiency be increased? With a comprehensive inventory, companies find out in which areas they would benefit the most from digitization.
- Select appropriate technologies: Digitization is a broad field. With so many technologies and tools that can help companies digitize, it’s easy to lose track and invest in the wrong technology. The important thing is to find the right tools and technologies that precisely meet the respective requirements.
- Take employees with you: In many companies, employees work for years with file folders or outdated software – and sometimes see no reason to change this. Digitizing business processes is also about picking up, convincing and training employees. Because, despite AI and Co. it is the employees who decide decisively on the efficiency and success of the company.
- Implement step by step: Once the relevant processes have been identified, the appropriate technologies have been selected and the employees have been trained, the digitization of the processes can get underway. A step-by-step approach is the best way to do this.
- Test and improve: Digital transformation is a dynamic process. Thus, after the gradual implementation and introduction of digital technologies, a close look should be taken at how processes and business procedures are developing. Where are the weak points? Which other processes should be digitized to increase efficiency and productivity?
How can individually developed software help to digitize business processes?
Digitizing business processes requires suitable software solutions. All too often, the use of standard applications leads to disappointment. This is because the prefabricated applications can only be tailored to the company’s specific processes and requirements to a limited extent, with a great deal of effort and high costs, and they do not meet the demands placed on them. As a result, the company has to adapt its processes to the software.
The situation is completely different when individually developed software is used. This is because custom software adapts to the processes and not vice versa.
Custom-developed software supports the digitization of business processes in various ways:
- Automation: With custom-developed software, routine tasks such as data entry, invoicing or ordering processes can be automated exactly as required by the respective company.
- Integration: Digitizing business processes means integrating different systems and data. Custom software is precisely adapted to existing IT infrastructures and makes it possible to retrieve and process data from ERP systems or CRM applications in real time and regardless of location.
- Personalization: Individually developed software adapts to the specific processes and workflows of the company. Thus, business processes are optimized and can be handled with less effort.
- Data security: Security is not only important when working with sensitive data. Individual software is programmed precisely to the security requirements of the customer and allows the encryption of data and monitoring of access rights.
Simply go digital with custom software
Overall, custom-developed software helps make the digitization of business processes more efficient by automating manual processes, integrating systems and data, personalizing processes, improving data security, and providing real-time information.
Would you like to digitize your business processes in a planned manner?
We advise you on the best software solution for your requirements